Friday, March 9, 2012

Peace, Love and PJs Themed Cake; Ralph Lauren Polo Shirt Cake



I really had fun working on this cake and it really was easy to assemble! Bed is a 11 x 15 sheet cake halved and stacked, iced in buttercream with a buttercream bedskirt using a large rose tip. The headboard was cut from gumpaste and textured with a texturing mat I bought in the clay department at Michael's. The cover is fondant decorated with food color pens and the girls are made with modeling chocolate. I'm loving working with the modeling chocolate (candy melts + karo syrup) because the chocolate doesn't dry out as quickly as fondant (can be a problem for me) and it TASTES GOOD. Hope Anna Lauren likes her cake!

This cake was done for a fella who is returning from a year in Korea (military). He loves his Polo shirts and he has twins who are 5 months old that he hasn't seen. His wife wanted the rattles on the cake to represent them.

1 comment:

tcakes said...

love the cake. Any guidance on making the symbol and inside label? I have a request for cupcakes with the "man on horse" and I'm thinking about declining the order because I don't know where to start. Help