Friday, January 11, 2008

Roll Tide!


See this cake I did for Andrew? I've been doing cakes for Andrew since he was FOUR years old. As you see, he is 18 today.
-
In fact, I remember the first cake I did for Andrew. It was a pirate ship cake, for a pirate-themed party. And his mama went ALL OUT for that party; decorating the tables with treasure map tablecloths; with centerpieces of sand and coins and little pirate men. The kids participated in cool pirate games; took turns hitting a pirate pinata and last, but not least, embarked on an exciting treasure hunt where clues led them, inevitably, to a chest full of treat bags.
-
But over the years Andrew's number one request has been for an Alabama cake. I think this is the 3rd or 4th one I've done for him.
-
I hope you like this one Andrew.
-
I learned last week Andrew has signed up for the Air National Guard and will start training in March.
-
He used to hang out with me and my guys when he was just a young thing. We even vacationed together; he, his mother, the boys and I. Spent a weekend at Gulf Shores together. Don't get to see him like I used to, but I have fun memories of Andrew over the years.


Happy Birthday Andrew! Wishing you all the best in your new adventures! Stay safe and dream big...


3 comments:

Dana said...

Ok. This comment is about the photo of you and your sisters. Are you the cute blonde on the right? Really really cute.

Lisa E said...

giggle

Amber said...

What a cute entry about Andrew!